F&M Registrar’s Office firstname.lastname@example.org
Thu, Jul 16, 11:02 AM
Fall 2020 Course Registration for Modules 1 and 2
Phase I Registration July 27-30
Each returning class will have access for 24 hours to register for courses in Modules 1 and 2:
All PINs for returning students are set to 999999.(Check Registration Status on the Registration Menu for any holds preventing registration.)
Seniors – Monday, July 27 11:00 pm – Tuesday, July 28 10:59 pm
Juniors – Tuesday, July 28 11:00 pm – Wednesday, July 29 10:59 pm
Sophomores – Wednesday, July 29 11:00 pm – Thursday, July 30 10:59 pm
Phase 2 Registration Beginning August 3
All returning students will have access to drop/add beginning on Monday, August 3 at 11:00 pm. Drop/add for Module 1 will end on Monday, August 31 at 11:59 pm Drop/add for Module 2 will end on Thursday, October 15 at 11:59 pm.
Notes About the Module System (PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY):
· Students must enroll in a total of 3.0 credits between the two modules to be full-time.
· Students may only enroll in a maximum of 2.5 credits per module. Due to the way that Banner has been configured, it may be possible to enroll in more than 2.5, but the Registrar’s Office will monitor students’ schedules and will drop the last credit added when the 2.50 limit is exceeded.
· Some courses previously offered during Fall 2020 have been moved to J-Term or to Module 3 or 4. Concerns about schedule offerings and meeting degree requirements should be addressed with academic advisers and major departments.
· Courses with a section designation of ON or ONx will be offered online only and without in person meetings. Students interested in Chemistry should read this statement about course content delivery.
· Other courses will have varying amounts of an online component.
· All PINs have been set to 999999.
· All previous registration overrides have been deleted.
· Overrides for permission will be entered by some instructors for use during Phase I registration to allow previously enrolled students an opportunity to re-enroll in the courses. If you receive an override and do not enroll in the course during Phase 1, there is no guarantee that the seat will be available for you during drop/add since any unused seats may be available for other students.
· Each module will have its own set of deadlines for add, drop, P/NP, WD.
· P/NP guidelines revert back to the stated guidelines in the College Catalog for eligible courses (electives only) and for the grade thresholds for P (C- and above) and NP.
· Students may still complete Independent Studies that will last the length of one module or both modules. A year-long independent will still need to run through all of the Fall semester (Modules 1 & 2) and the Spring semester (Modules 3&4).
· Students may also still complete Directed Readings that will last the length of a single module.
· Internships for credit may be registered for a single module (maximum 0.50 credit) or may span both modules (All 1.0 credit and some 0.50 credit).
· The Theatre, Dance and Film department (TDF) is now Theatre and Dance (TND). Courses will carry the same course number, but will have the prefix of TND.
· Film has now joined Art and Art History and will carry the prefix of FLM. Course numbers have changed, so after consulting the Master Schedule, if you have questions, please contact Jeremy Moss.
Helpful Tips and Links:
The Advanced Course Search feature on the Registration Menu has the option to search by module for courses.