By Gabby Goodwin || Editor-in-Chief
This past weekend, on the third day of the Centennial Conference Championships, the F&M Men’s Swimming team set four program records. The Diplomats ended the day with 277 team points, while Swarthmore held onto the lead with 605.5.
The 200-yard Freestyle Relay team of Christopher Schiavone, Brendan Cline, Timothy Gould, and Daniel Sanders took first and reset the program standard with a 1:22.02 finish. Schiavone’s lead off of 20.17 seconds beat his own record in the 50-yard Freestyle, while setting another record with his 1:39.12 finish in the 200-yard Freestyle.
F&M’s Jonathon Sinton set a program record in Saturday morning’s preliminaries of the 400-yard IM with a time of 4:05.69.
Top individual finishers include:
- Christopher Schiavone, who finished first in the 200-yard Freestyle with a time of 1:39.12.
- Thomas Graminski, who finished second in the 100-yard Breaststroke with a time of 57.78.
- Jonathon Sinton, who finished fourth in the 400-yard IM with a time of 4:06.09.
- Brendan Cline, who finished fourth in the 100-yard Butterfly with a time of 50.04.
- Timothy Gouldi, who finished fourth in the 100-yard Backstroke with a time of 51.16.
- Alec Wahl, who finished sixth in the 100-yard Backstroke with a time of 51.65.
- Schiavone – 50-yard Freestyle – Gold
- Schiavone – 200-yard Freestyle – Gold
- Schiavone, Cline, Gould, Sanders – 200-yard Freestyle Relay – Gold
- Wahl, Graminski, Cline, Schiavone – 200-yard Medley Relay – Silver
- Graminski, Cline, Gould, Wahl – 800-yard Freestyle Relay – Silver
- Graminski – 400-yard IM – Silver
- Gould, Graminski, Cline, Schiavone – 400-yard Medley Relay – Silver
- Graminski – 100-yard Breaststroke – Silver
The Centennial Conference Championships continue tomorrow at 10:00 AM with the preliminary heats of the 200-yard Backstroke, 100-yard Freestyle, 200-yard Breaststroke, 200-yard Butterfly and the 1,650-yard Freestyle (godiplomats.com).
Junior Gabby Goodwin is the Editor-in-Chief. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.