Margaret Hazlett email@example.com
Jan 31, 2020, 4:12 PM
Dear Students, Faculty, and Professional Staff,
As we head into the weekend, we are writing to reassure you that we have no identified cases of novel coronavirus virus here at F&M or in our area. We continue to monitor the situation carefully and to stay in touch with the Department of Health and the CDC.
While we have not seen coronavirus on our campus, we certainly have seen influenza virus (the flu!) on our campus. Symptoms of the flu include fever, cough, and muscle aches. Students who think they have the flu should seek medical attention.
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.: visit the Wellness Center.
- Evenings and weekends: The Wellness Center website offers information for after-hours care, including information about the area’s urgent care facilities, assistance with transportation, and links to view current wait times.
- Emergencies: call Public Safety at 717-358-3939 or call 911.
We remind you of the importance of good, preventative practices that will help you get and stay healthy, no matter what virus is going around:
1. Cover your mouth and nose with tissue or sleeve when coughing and sneezing. Every time.
2. Wash your hands frequently, and keep washing them for 20 seconds.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
4. Do not share eating and drinking utensils.
5. Do not share saliva.
6. Be sure to get adequate sleep, good nutrition, and regular exercise. Especially sleep — do that.
We are mindful that some of our students are worried about their families and friends back home. We are providing support for our students through the Wellness Center, College Houses, Office of International Programs, and others, and we ask that you do the same for one another. A kind word goes a long way during a stressful time.
Take good care of yourself!
Vice President and Dean of Student Affairs
Dr. Amy Myers
Managing Physician of the Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Student Wellness Center at Franklin & Marshall College