PORT Announcements email@example.com
Tue, Dec 1, 4:00 PM
F&M COVID-19 Alert Level as of December 1, 2020
F&M COVID-19 Update as of December 1, 2020
|Full-Time Students Total||2259|
|Students In-Residence or Commuting||1453|
|COVID-19 Indicator||#||As % of Students In-Residence or Commuting|
|In Quarantine* On Campus(at risk and waiting for test result)||18||1.2%|
|In Isolation On Campus (positive test)||6||0.4%|
|In Quarantine* at Home||32||2.2%|
|In Isolation at Home (positive test)||1||0.1%|
|Cumulative Positive Tests Since Arrival (Entry/Surveillance testing plus clinical work)||89||This does not include cases among remote students unless they have reported them to us.|
|Current Active Cases of COVID-19(individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are still in isolation)||7||0.5%|
*In Quarantine indicators include students who were identified as contacts in contact tracing or are symptomatic, but not confirmed positives.
F&M’s COVID-19 Dashboard as of Dec. 1 is available on the pandemic operations information website.
F&M COVID-19 Update Notes
- The F&M COVID-19 Alert Level remains at the High Alert Level due to the current increase in external COVID-19 indicators.
- While campus is closed for the extended winter break, the F&M COVID-19 Dashboard will provide only external COVID-19 indicators for the U.S., Pennsylvania, and Lancaster County. We will resume tracking campus indicators when students return for the spring term. During December and January, the dashboard will be updated weekly on Tuesdays. We will resume semiweekly (Tuesday and Friday) dashboard updates the week of Jan. 25.
- There are currently seven active cases of COVID-19 among F&M students who have been on campus. Of the seven students who have tested positive, six are in isolation in Schnader or, upon clinical judgment, in a single room in an off-campus apartment; one has gone home. Of the 50 students who are in quarantine as a result of contact tracing or presenting COVID-like symptoms, three are in Schnader, 15 are in off-campus housing, and 32 are at home.
- As planned, no wastewater samples were collected last week, and we are suspending wastewater testing during the break. We intend to resume wastewater testing at the start of the spring term.
Pandemic Operations Updates
- As of today, Tuesday, Dec. 1, PORT is transitioning from weekly to biweekly updates for the duration of the winter break (excluding Dec. 21 – Jan. 1, when administrative offices will be closed for the holidays). We will resume sharing PORT reports weekly on Jan. 26.
- Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf issued new COVID-19 mitigation efforts, including increased mask requirements, travel mitigation, enforcement by the government, and mandatory telework. Unless impossible for College operations, F&M employees must work remotely until further notice. We encourage all employees to coordinate with their supervisor.
- F&M will de-densify campus again in the spring, following the plan announced in August. First-year students (with the exceptions of transfer students and commuters) will need to study remotely for the spring term. First-year students with a specific need to return to campus should fill out the campus housing petition form (LINK REMOVED) by tomorrow, Dec. 2. The sophomore class will return to campus for spring term.
- In order for the College to prepare effectively for the start of Module 3, we ask all members of the Classes of 2021, 2022, and 2023 to fill out the Spring 2021 Commitment Form (LINK REMOVED) and share their planned status by tomorrow, Dec. 2.
- Spring 2021 on-campus housing and off-campus housing information is now available on the pandemic operations information website.
- Thank you for a successful move out! We are grateful for the members of our student affairs team who facilitated a smooth move-out process for on-campus students, as well as for our quarantine and isolation team who supported those students who had to remain in quarantine / isolation beyond Nov. 22. Thank you also to our students and their families for abiding by health guidelines to ensure a safe and orderly move-out for all.
- The F&M campus is now closed. Other than the Student Wellness Center (SWC), the Counseling Center, Facilities Management (F&O), and the Department of Public Safety, on-site campus services will remain closed during the extended winter break. Hours for the SWC and the Counseling Center are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The SWC will be closed Dec. 19 – Jan. 3 for the holidays.
- We strongly encourage students choosing to stay in their college-approved off-campus housing over the break to remain vigilant in following the F&M Pledge and the health and safety guidelines set by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Wear a mask. Keep your distance. Limit in-person social interactions. Treat every person, including friends, as if they have the virus. Discuss the available information and your individual circumstances with your family and consider going home, if possible, for the duration of the winter break.
- Good luck on finals and enjoy a rejuvenating winter break!
- Updated information is always available for your convenience on the College’s pandemic operations information website.