PORT Announcements firstname.lastname@example.org
Tue, Oct 6, 4:14 PM
F&M COVID-19 Alert Level as of October 6, 2020
F&M COVID-19 Update as of October 6, 2020
|Full-Time Students Total||2261|
|Students In-Residence or Commuting||1458|
|COVID-19 Indicator||#||As % of Students In-Residence or Commuting|
|In Quarantine* On Campus(at risk and waiting for test result)||24||1.6%|
|In Isolation On Campus (positive test)||2||0.1%|
|In Quarantine* at Home||5||0.3%|
|In Isolation at Home (positive test)||1||0.1%|
|Cumulative Positive Tests Since Arrival (Entry/Surveillance testing plus clinical work)||19|
|Current Active Cases of COVID-19(individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are still in isolation)||3||0.2%|
*In Quarantine indicators include students who were identified as contacts in contact tracing or are symptomatic, but not confirmed positives.
Additional data, including entry testing, FPS testing, surveillance testing, and wastewater testing, is available in F&M’s COVID-19 Dashboard.
F&M COVID-19 Update Notes
- Of the 24 individuals in quarantine, 9 are in Schnader and 15 are in off-campus housing. The number of students in quarantine does not include the residents of Brooks College House who are in a modified quarantine (see pandemic operations updates below).
Pandemic Operations Updates
- We conducted a round of additional COVID-19 testing on Wednesday, Sept. 30 as a result of a positive wastewater test for Ware College House. All students and employees who participated in the Sept. 30 testing received a negative test result.
- Over the weekend, we identified a positive wastewater test for Brooks College House. Per our protocol, all residents living in Brooks are in a modified quarantine until they receive a negative test result. Yesterday (Oct. 5), we conducted a round of additional surveillance testing for residents and employees in Brooks. We should receive test results within 48 hours, and will send an update on the test results as soon as they are available.
- At the same time that we received the positive result for Brooks, we also learned of a positive wastewater test for Bonchek College House. You may recall that the previous week’s sample for Bonchek was also positive, and as a result, we tested students who live in Bonchek, and employees who work in Bonchek, on Sept. 28. The wastewater sample, collected Sept. 29-30, came at a time when individuals we now know were positive (one student and one employee) were living or working in the House, as their positive test results were received on Sept. 30. Given the very low level of the COVID-19’s genetic code in Bonchek’s wastewater (close to the smallest measurable amount), our knowledge that there were two positive individuals at the time the sample was taken, and the fact that we did universal testing in Bonchek at the same time the wastewater sample was gathered, we determined, in consultation with our medical consultants, that a quarantine and re-testing of Bonchek was unnecessary at this time.
- As a reminder, although the PORT weekly report comes out only on Tuesdays, F&M’s COVID-19 dashboard is updated on Tuesdays and Fridays on the College’s pandemic operations website.
- Save the date for a town hall with the members of PORT! There will be an opportunity for F&M employees on Monday, October 12 at 9:00 a.m. EDT and for students and their families on Wednesday, October 21 at 5:30 p.m. EDT. The sessions will be recorded. Invitations with more information will follow soon.
- If you feel ill or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please refer to the College’s protocol for students who think they may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of, COVID-19. This protocol includes information on what to do if the Student Wellness Center is closed at the time you are experiencing symptoms.
- Students, good luck on your finals! As you enjoy the brief break between Module 1 and Module 2 this weekend, please keep in mind the College’s guidance to limit off-campus travel outside of the Lancaster area.
Updated information is always available for your convenience on the fall 2020 reopening plan website.