PORT Announcements firstname.lastname@example.org
Tue, Oct 20, 5:35 PM
F&M COVID-19 Alert Level as of October 20, 2020
F&M COVID-19 Update as of October 20, 2020
|Full-Time Students Total||2260|
|Students In-Residence or Commuting||1471|
|COVID-19 Indicator||#||As % of Students In-Residence or Commuting|
|In Quarantine* On Campus(at risk and waiting for test result)||0||0.0%|
|In Isolation On Campus (positive test)||0||0.0%|
|In Quarantine* at Home||0||0.0%|
|In Isolation at Home (positive test)||0||0.0%|
|Cumulative Positive Tests Since Arrival (Entry/Surveillance testing plus clinical work)||19|
|Current Active Cases of COVID-19(individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are still in isolation)||0||0.0%|
*In Quarantine indicators include students who were identified as contacts in contact tracing or are symptomatic, but not confirmed positives.
Additional data, including entry testing, surveillance testing, wastewater testing, and FPS testing is available in F&M’s COVID-19 Dashboard.
F&M COVID-19 Update Notes
- There are currently no active cases of COVID-19 on campus.
- The COVID-19 Dashboard contains a new graph depicting “Fall 2020 Active Student Cases by Date,” which tracks the number and percentage of current COVID-19 cases on campus over the course of the term.
Pandemic Operations Updates
- We received notice of a positive wastewater test for Ware College House on Tuesday (10/20). In light of our new testing strategy, we are not requiring the residents of Ware to quarantine or be tested for two reasons: 1) the viral load in this sample was very small, and, 2) we tested all residents of Ware House last week following a positive wastewater test that showed more viral particles than this week’s sample and received no positive individual tests from that testing.
- For Module 2, we revised our COVID-19 testing strategy to implement modified universal testing, which tests a subset of the campus population (Groups A, B, and C) each week. Individuals in Group B were tested yesterday (10/19) and today (10/20). Modified universal testing will continue every Monday and Tuesday for the rest of the term. For more information on our new testing strategy, please see the updated COVID-19 testing and screening section on our website.
- Although the PORT weekly report comes out only on Tuesdays, we update F&M’s COVID-19 dashboard on Tuesdays and Fridays on the College’s pandemic operations website.
- Since we will be testing every Monday and Tuesday, and updating the COVID-19 dashboard on the website every Tuesday and Friday, PORT will no longer send out test result emails to the community following every testing. Instead, the modified universal testing results from that week will be shared in the Friday dashboard update. However, should PORT receive results that we, in partnership with our healthcare consultants, determine to present significant risk to the community, we will share the results and our response plan with the community as soon as they are available.
- We are hosting a town hall webinar tomorrow! The members of PORT look forward to sharing updates with our students and their families on Wednesday, Oct. 21 at 5:30 p.m. EDT. The session will be recorded. An invitation with the Zoom link was sent via email.
- As we approach flu season, don’t forget to get your flu shot. Students can call the Student Wellness Center (SWC) to schedule a time to get their flu vaccine at the SWC on campus.
Updated information is always available for your convenience on the College’s pandemic operations information website.